Dental implants are an extremely popular treatment option to replace one’s missing teeth and regain one’s smile. If you have just undergone implant dentistry in Modesto or are about to, then you must know how to take care of your dental implants after surgery. The best dentist in California, a part of our team at Gill Family Dentistry, suggests the following tips to help you maintain the results of implant dentistry.
- On the day of your surgery, avoid eating or drinking anything hot. Consume only cold drinks or food items. Do not disturb the surgical area with your fingers or tongue.
- You must clean your teeth twice a day, starting from the day of your surgery. However, you must avoid brushing the surgical area for the first few days.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and a low or non-abrasive toothpaste to brush your teeth.
- During the first week after surgery, you may rinse your mouth with a cup of hot water and a pinch of salt added to it to speed up the healing process. However, take care that the water is not too hot.
- You must also floss your teeth regularly using unwaxed tape or floss that is specific for implant dentistry.
- Do not smoke until your jawbone has healed completely. Smoking can severely affect the healing process. In fact, it is advisable to quit smoking if you want your dental implants to last a long time.
- Always clean around and under your dental implants after eating and drinking.
- After the initial stage, you must treat your implants exactly like your natural teeth. Go to the dentist regularly for check-ups and professional cleanings as well.
If you are looking to undergo implant dentistry in Modesto, then you can come to us at Gill Family Dentistry. Our dentist is the best dentist in California who can help you regain your lost smile and confidence with dental implants.